Finally, I’m writing a post after a long time. It’s really a big gap between this post and my last article.
A nightmare of every blogger.
A fresh cup of coffee by my side and a fully charged laptop.
I open the docs and my fingertips on the keyboard and It’ time to write an article to my readers.
30 Minutes spent…
Two cups of coffee…
But I am still staring at the blank screen.
Typing words and deleting.
I have a lot to say but don’t know from where I need to start.
My brain is fried.
I know I have to write, but…
I can’t find words.
If you’re a writer or blogger, I believe you’ve experienced it at some point.
“So, Pawan what inspired you to write the post finally?”, you ask.
I came across a quote from Charles Bukowski:
“Writing about a writer’s block is better than not writing at all.”
Writer’s block happens to us. But the thing that matters: What You Do With It.
And I was doing a mistake. I was making it harder. I was trying to put a lot of efforts to write. I was thinking a lot.
Do you do the same?
The Hack Is:
You need to have some fun and loosen up.
How can you overcome the writer’s block?
I’m afraid I don’t have a RIGHT formula. But, I talked to some of my fellow writers what works for them.
And in this post, You’ll discover 17 creative ways that can help you to overcome the Writer’s Block.
17 Creative Ways to Overcome Writer’s Block
1. Go for a walk or short trip. Leave your laptop or iPod at home.
2. Got a friend you haven’t talked in a while? Let’s talk or meet them.
3. Make yourself tea or breakfast. (This really helps me)
4. Do exercise, run, and swim. Let the blood flowing in your body.
5. I’m a BIG fan of creating post outline before writing it. But sometimes you have to stop planning and write whatever comes to your head.
6. Read your favorite book. (My personal favorite)
7. Listen to your favorite music.
8. Distract yourself. Go for a movie or watch any random show on TV.
9. Experiment with your writing timings. Write at different time.
10. Experiment with the environment. Leave your desk and go to a place you never write before.
11. Switch off your laptop and get a pen and paper. Write down your emotions and feeling for 10 minutes without taking a break. (My personal favorite)
12. STOP trying to write perfect post. Fuck the grammar. Just Write!
13. Don’t make efforts to write a fantastic introduction. Start in the middle. Do the intro part later.
14. Forget your readers and only write for one person – talk to one imaginary person.
15. Go to your blog and read your first ever post.
16. Write down as much as ideas come to your mind.
17. Explain your fellow writer’s topic from a different point of view.
It’s Your Turn
Don’t let writer’s block make the writing harder. The difference between successful and average writer is: Both feel blocks, but one pushes it and other accept it.
You can overcome it by writing. Just write!
Experiment and see what works best for you.
How do you overcome writer’s block? Drop your view in the comment section.